It is very pleasing to hear the word “young”. It enables us to imagine someone fresh, good-looking, fit, full of energy and has a lot of confidence within her, but hearing “aging” pops-up the balloon of dreams and turns it into a nightmare. Why are there are so many women nowadays who fears aging when in fact aging is part of the process in life? We can very well age gracefully!
As we age, our body is developing and changing. The development that happens has both good and bad sides. Let’s first tackle the good ones. Physically as a woman, some parts of our body were enhanced just like the breast, hips and thighs that would make us look sexy and fit to attract the opposite sex. But the thing is, the enhancement stops as we gain those numbers in our years of existence. These turn into alterations in our body and that would be a cause of aging.
We can still age gracefully. We can still restore the glow in one’s aging face through anti-aging treatments that most women in their 20’s are now starting to save up money for them to undergo these procedures when they reach their aging state. Some treatments include using of anti-aging creams with retinol content. Retinol is a form of vitamin A that is well-known to reduce fine lines wrinkles and age spots. There is also a hormonal therapy called ERT (Estrogen Replacement Therapy) which is widely used by women undergoing a post menopausal stage. It works together with progesterone in making strong bones, prevents heart diseases, gives vaginal lubrication and skin elasticity improvement. For those with higher paying capacity, they can undergo liposuction, face lifts, Botox and other anti-aging procedures.
You don’t have to worry about spending too much for you can delay the effects of aging. Here are some basic but helpful tips that you might use:
1. Eat healthy. Eating foods rich in anti-oxidants enhances our cells and even restores damaged cells. It works like a natural “anti-aging” product. Anti-oxidants are also good for the heart, prevent cancer and even lower down the blood pressure. It works by sweeping off free radicals and toxins out of our body. It can be found in tomatoes, broccoli, garlic, whole grains, red grapes and berries to name few. And even drinking a cup of coffee or tea a day can even slow down the effects of aging.
2. Live healthy. Having a healthy lifestyle is a must. Bad health habits like smoking, drinking alcohol, skipping meals or taking prohibited drugs adds up to the damage in our body that daunts the effects of all the anti-aging products and methods you are taking. It can’t be stopped abruptly for it may cause some withdrawal symptoms that might be dangerous to our health. Gradual rehabilitation could be the key for improvement.
3. Drink well. This is another anti-aging method that is effective. Drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day could be a way of cleansing our digestive system flushing out toxins. It can also clear up our skin and giving it a healthy glow. It can also prevent some diseases and dehydration by pumping up those cells.
4. Exercise. This could bring good circulation of blood to be distributed to our system, thus, help in anti-aging. Exercise lessens blood pressure, prevents occurrence of diseases and restores damaged cells. At least 30 minutes a day, five times a week must be spent in exercise. Simple chores like cleaning your room, washing the dishes or even getting up on the couch to throw a wrapper of candy that you have eaten could lose a lot of calories.
5. Enough Sleep. The next tip for anti-aging is to get enough sleep. While a person is sleeping, her body still works tons of roles like detoxification of lungs, liver and kidney, restoration of tissues and even boosting the immunity. A person must have at least 7 to 8 hours of sleep per day to achieve its maximum goal.
6. Laugh. This is the best anti-aging tip! To have a stress-free life, we need to loosen up a bit. Laughter releases “happy hormones” that reverses the harmful effects that stress give. Muscle flexion can enhance the blood circulation thus, prevents the effects of aging.
Life is a process that we all have to go through. We can’t stop aging but indeed we can delay it. We just have to live each day of our lives to the fullest. In being young we learn and in aging, we understand.
*image from http://www.flickr.com/photos/mager/