Yipee! I lost 5 pounds in a span of one week! I’m already at 134 pounds. I started with a weight of 139 pounds. Not bad, right? I think the South Beach is diet that you can actually maintain. I was fortunate enough to have a cook at home who can just our meals for us. A lot of friends and family of friends order from different companies who deliver to their homes the dishes for each day. I think it costs them around Php 600-Php 800 pesos per day.
Just some general observations in this one week that I was on this diet:
1. Don’t forget to drink a lot of water. I noticed that I get full with water so I don’t crave that much for food. This is very important, so that you can flush out the fats and help you to prevent constipation.
2. The food was actually good. I feel full after breakfast, lunch and dinner. I just feel sad sometimes that I can’t eat junk food, but it was worth the sacrifice.
3. If you are hungry between meals, you can take peanuts.
4. I noticed that I was weaker than usual, so I took time to ‘just’ walk and let go of running at least for this week.
5. Stay with a group that can offer motivation and support. It helps to be with people who are also going on a diet.
That’s it! I plan to continue this diet for 1 more week. Let us see if I can break the 130 pounds barrier. 🙂