Posting here what i wrote 2 years ago when i started my COHEN DIET. I was so engrossed in losing the weight fast then as we wanted to conceive a baby. So i set out a 6-month journey to wellness. FOCUSED. NO DEVIATIONS from Dec 2011-June 2012. Now, for the 2nd time around, i have been trying to lose the post pregnancy weight for almost a year now. Started Jan 2014. Lost 43lbs so far. For some it may be enough. But I’m pushing myself further in the hopes of getting pregnant (again! yup, i devoted my 30’s to child birth ~ hehehe) and having another healthy pregnancy. So here goes my 10 things i love about my ever reliable Cohen diet. Helped me lose the 1st time in 6months, and 43 lbs so far the 2nd time around… Sharing this to all of you…
10 THINGS I LOVE ABOUT MY COHEN DIET
- I am allowed 3 CUPS OF COFFEE a day. My perfect substitute for missing my alcohol (booze) fill. Caffeinne saves my days.
- I SEE RESULTS of my hardwork in less than a month
- I get to BE CREATIVE – mixing up allowed veg, meat, and spices to come up with a surprisingly lovely meal.
- I STILL GET TO HAVE DINNER DATES with my husband at a diet friendly resto.
- I FELL 2 SIZES DOWN in less than 2 months. Now i fit in my dalaga clothes. Even smaller than my pre-pregnancy clothes.
- I DONT GET SILLY COMMENTS from tinderas in tiangges anymore “Maam, may size po kami” hehehe. Bwisit! =)
- After a while, i GET FULL AND SATISFIED with just a small portion of meal. (100g meat, poultry or seafood + 100g veg).
- I DONT NEED TO EXERCISE yet. But i sure miss Bikram.
- I get to PRACTICE DISCIPLINE & PATIENCE. I started this journey a little before Christmas as an Advent sacrifice. I thought, if i can get through the Holidays on this diet, the rest of the days are easy. And true enough, i survived Christmas Noche Buena, New Year’s Media Noche, 2 Weddings, a family Boracay trip, an out of town National Sales Convention and so on. It has now become a lifestyle. And i am not hiya to bring out my lunchbox and tupperware even at a wedding reception. Bwahahaha!!!
- And Ultimately, GET TO BE FIT FOR MY HUSBAND AND READY FOR MY NEXT PREGNANCY. I am in this not for vanity’s sake. I am in this for my health and the sake of my family. I am managing my risks and one of the biggest risks is OBESITY. It sure is sarap to EAT and DINE OUT, but i realized at the end of the day, i dont really need all that food i take in my body. I realized we need to eat to be nourished.